The Senate Library’s basic Filipiniana collection includes the following:
- Philippine Statutory Instruments from 1900 to present, in their official texts, with subject and popular name indexes, numerical listings and tables of amendments and repeals
- Presidential Issuances
- Rules of the Senate of the Philippines
- Record of the Senate, 1945 – 1971; 1987 –
- Journal of the Senate, 1987 –
- History of Bills and Resolutions, Senate, 1950 –
- Journal of the Impeachment Trial, 2000-2001
- Journal of the Impeachment Trial, 2011-2012
- Record of the House of Representatives 1945 – 1969; 1987 –
- Rules of the House of Representatives
- Journal and Record, House of Representatives 1987 –
- History of Bills and Resolutions, House of Representatives 1945 – 1970
- Record of the Batasan 1978 -1985
- Journal of the Batasan 1978 – 1983
- Journal of the Batasan Sitting as Constituent Assembly 1980 – 1981
- History of Bills and Resolutions of the Batasan 1978 – 1985
- Records of the 1934 – 35 Constitutional Convention
- Record/Journal of the Constitutional Commission of 1986
- Text of Constitutions
1899 Malolos Constitution
- Official Gazettes
- Philippine Reports, 1901 – 1967 Vol. 1 – 126
More than 500 volumes of Filipiniana books with great cultural and historical value printed as early as 1900 or over 50 years upon printing form part of LLS special collections.
Most of the theses and dissertations are written by the Senate employees who pursued higher education.
VERTICAL FILE COLLECTION
Ephemeral materials on various subject areas are indexed and encoded in Destiny Library Manager database and searchable in Online Public Access Catalog (OPAC).
SPECIAL COLLECTION ON SENATOR’S BIODATA, LEGISLATIVE ACCOMPLISHMENTS AND ACTIVITIES FROM OLD CONGRESS TO PRESENT
LEGAL Reference Sources in Digitized Format:
LEX LIBRIS SERIES
- Philippine Law Encyclopedia
- Department of Justice Opinions
- Taxation until 2017
- Environment & Natural Resources
- Securities & Exchange Commission
The collection comprised of pamphlets, flyers and other published information materials of different government agencies.
LLS has holdings of publications of the following:
- United Nations
- International Labor Organizations
- Inter-Parliamentary Union
- Japan Institute for Labour Policy and Training
Current Information Materials (newspaper articles) are indexed and encoded in library database and searchable in OPAC. Back issues of local newspapers from 1972 to 1991 are available in microfilm.
OTHER BOOK COLLECTION
The Library also has a collection of general references and materials on various specific subject areas that mirror the broad spectrum of legislative disciplines (economics, foreign relations, education, human rights, technology and all other major subject fields). For recreational reading, it has fiction books, biographies, magazines and newspapers.