Full Text of Issuance
Click to view full text
P. B. No. 530 / 78 OG No. 49, 6814 (December 6, 1984)
AN ACT CONVERTING THE PRESENT CAMARINES SUR AGRICULTURAL COLLEGE IN THE MUNICIPALITY OF PILI, PROVINCE OF CAMARINES SUR, UNDER THE MINISTRY OF EDUCATION AND CULTURE INTO A CHARTERED STATE COLLEGE TO BE KNOWN AS THE CAMARINES SUR STATE AGRICULTURAL COLLEGE.
SECTION 1. The present Camarines Sur College in the Municipality of Pili, Province of Camarines Sur, is hereby converted into a state college to be know as the Camarines Sur State Agricultural College hereinafter referred to in this Act as State College.
SEC. 2. The State College shall primarily provide higher vocational, professional, technical instruction and in agricultural and industrial fields.
SEC. 3. In addition to its present secondary agricultural course curricular offering and undergraduate course leading to Four-year Bachelor of Science in Agricultural Education, Five-year Bachelor of Science in Agricultural Engineering, Four-year Bachelor of Science in Agriculture, Two-year Agricultural Technician Course, Four-year Secondary Agricultural Curriculum, the College shall offer undergraduate courses leading to the degree of Bachelor of Science in Home Technology, Bachelor of Science in Veterinary Medicine, Bachelor of Science in Sugar Technology, Bachelor of Science in Forestry, post-graduate courses leading to the degree of Master of Science in Agricultural Education, Master of Science in Agriculture, Master of Science in Home Technology, and other courses as the Board of Trustees may deem necessary.
SEC. 4. The aim of the College shall be to provide technical and professional training and to promote research and extension services, and enhance progressive leadership in the field of agriculture, agricultural engineering, home technology, forestry and veterinary sciences.
SEC. 5. The head of the College shall be known as the President of the Camarines Sur State Agricultural College. He shall be appointed by the President of the Philippines upon the recommendation of the Board of Trustees as hereinafter provided.
SEC. 6. The governing body of the College shall be the Eoard of Trustees of the Camarines Sur State Agricultural College. It shall be composed of the following:
- The Minister, Ministry of Education and Culture, Chairman;
- The Director, Bureau of Higher Education, Member;
- The Regional Director, Ministry of Education and Culture, Region V, Member;
- The President, Camarines Sur State Agricultural College, Member;
- The Provincial Governor, Member; and
- The President, Camarines Sur State Agricultural College Alumni Association, Member.
In the absence or inability of the Minister of Education and Culture to exercise the powers as Chairman of the Board of Trustees, the Deputy Minister of Education and Culture shall act as Chairman of the Board of Trustees, or in the inability of both, the members of the Board present, constituting a majority, may elect from among themselves a temporary chairman.
Members of the Board of Trustees shall serve without compensation other than actual and necessary expenses incurred in attending meetings of the Board or other official business authorized by the Board.
SEC. 7. The Board of Trustees shall have the following powers and duties, in addition to its general powers of administration:
- To receive and appropriate to the end specified by law such sum as may be provided by law for the support of the College;
- To confer degrees upon successful candidates for graduation of the College. It may also confer annual honorary degrees upon persons in recognition of learning, statesmanship or eminence in science, agriculture, forestry, industry or public service related to such fields;
- To appoint upon recommendation of the President, subject to Civil Service Law, rules and regulations, the dean, the registrar, the heads of departments, professors, instructors, lecturers, administrative and supervisory officials, and other employees of the College as may be necessary for the effective implementation of the college program; to fix their compensation and salaries subject to P.D. No. 985 and other pertinent budget and compensation laws; to prescribe hours of service and other duties and conditions as it may deem proper; to grant to them in its discretion, leave of absence under regulations as it may promulgate, other provisions of laws notwithstanding; to prescribe rules of academic discipline for educational and professional growth of the faculty members and other personnel; and to remove them for cause, after an investigation and hearing shall have been held pursuant to Civil Service Law governing disciplinary action.
- To approve the curricular offerings and rules of discipline drawn up by the Council as hereinafter provided;
- To provide fellowships and scholarships for deserving faculty members and students;
- To prescribe rules for its government and to enact for the government of the College such general ordinances and regulations, not contrary to law, as are consistent with purposes of the College, as defined in Section 4 of this Act;
- To receive in trust legacies, gifts and donations of real and personal property of all kinds and to administer the same for the benefit of the College or of a department thereof, or for the aid to any student in accordance with the directions and instructions of the donor, and, in default thereof, in such manner as the Board of Trustees may, in its discretion, determine; and
- To provide vocational training to adult citizens and out-of-school youths.
SEC. 8. A quorum of the Board of Trustees shall consist of a majority of all the members holding office at the time the meeting of the Board is called. All processes against the Board of Trustees shall be served on the President or Secretary thereof.
SEC. 9. On or before the fifteenth clay of December of each year, the Board of Trustees shall submit to the President of the Philippines a detailed report, setting forth the progress, condition, and needs of the College.
SEC. 10. There shall be a College Council consisting of the President of the Camarines Sur State Agricultural College , as presiding officer, and all professors and instructors of the College, as members. The Council shall hare the power to prescribe the curricula and the rules of discipline, and recommend appointments of personnel subject to the approval of the Board of Trustees. It shall fix the requirements for admission to the College, as well as for the graduation and conferring of titles or degrees, subject to review by the Board of Trustees. The Council alone shall have the power to recommend students or others to be recipients of degrees. Through the President of the College or a duly authorized Committee, the Council shall have disciplinary power over the students within the limits prescribed by the rules on discipline as approved by the Board of Trustees.
SEC. 11. The body of instructors and professors of the College shall constitute the faculty of the College with the President of the College as presiding officer.
SEC. 12. In the appointment of professors or instructors, no religious test shall be applied nor shall religious opinions or affiliations of the appointee be made a matter of examination or inquiry.
SEC. 13. There shall be a Secretary of the College, appointed by the Board of Trustees upon recommendation of the President of the College. He shall be the Secretary of the Board and also he shall be Secretary of the College and shall keep such records of the College as may be determined by the Board of Trustees.
SEC. 14. To help the Camarines Sur State Agricultural College achieve its educational, research and extension aims, the College is hereby empowered to negotiate or make arrangements with sister government colleges and universities, semi-government or private organizations for cooperative projects in instruction, research and extension; and to seek the assistance of educational foundations in promoting the programs of instruction, research and extension
SEC. 15. The requirements provided in this Act as may prove adverse to the present faculty and employees of the Camarines Sur Agricultural College who may be absorbed by the State Agricultural College shall not apply to them. The present officials, faculty and employees of the Camarines Sur Agricultural College shall be absorbed by the Camarines Sur State Agricultural College and shall be given priority in promotion to the different positions created as a result of this Act. But future appointees to the said State College shall be subject to all requirements provided in this Act.
SEC. 16. In order not to disrupt the smooth functioning of the College upon the effectivity of this Act, the incumbent Superintendent shall assume office as President of the College.
SEC. 17. All buildings, equipment and facilities owned by the Camarines Sur Agricultural College shall become the property of the Camarines Sur State Agricultural College.
All the parcels of land covered by Original Certificate of Title Nos. 1029, 1057, 872 and 697 in the name of the Province of Camarines Sur which had been appropriated by the said province for the use of the then Camarines Sur Agricultural School, are hereby transferred to the Camarines Sur State Agricultural College and the Register of Deeds shall issue to the Camarines Sur State Agricultural College the corresponding Transfer Certificate of Title for the aforementioned parcels of land.
Likewise, such portions of the public domain embraced in Proclamation No. 568 dated March 30, 1935 , and Proclamation No. 626 dated October 18, 1933, which had been reserved by the government for agricultural school purposes are hereby transferred to the Camarines Sur State Agricultural College . The Register of Deeds shall issue to the Camarines Sur State Agricultural College the corresponding Title to such lands.
SEC. 18. All existing appropriations for the Camarines Sur Agricultural College are hereby transferred to the Camarines Sur State Agricultural College, to be disbursed in accordance with the provisions of this Act. Starting Calendar Year 1983, such sum as may be necessary for the operation and maintenance of the State College shall be provided for in the annual General Appropriations Act.
SEC. 19. All provisions of law inconsistent with this Act are hereby repealed.
SEC. 20. This Act shall take effect upon its approval.
Approved, March 16, 1982.
Source: Supreme Court E-Library